Monday, November 11, 2013

I'll do my best...

Roonie,

I just want you to know now, during your 3rd year of life, that I am not in agreement of the car of choice your father wants to give you for your 16th birthday.  (By the way, you will need to EARN your car - not just a gift... but we will discuss that later.)  Anyways,... once you earn it, I am fighting for you to NOT get this car.

That's right.  A Volvo Station wagon.  Your dad has had this picked out for you since you were probably in utero.  And apparently it will be enhanced with a turbo engine and some other absurdities.  His main argument is the safety of this vehicle and trouble you may avoid from having a beater like this... Yet,.. he wants to add Turbo?  Safe, WHAT?!  And, hello, party vehicle - holds a ton of people.  (Plus you will be 16 first in your grade since your bday is in October... which means you will be the go-to driver.)

So, we differ on the logic of this choice but we shall see.  I am fighting for a Toyota 4Runner or something that doesn't totally rebuff coolness... or put you in the same category as Meth mega dealer - "Gus."

He did just find another "Bad Mamma Jamma" for you - this one has a turbo LX engine or something like that: 
I don't know... At least it is not a station wagon. 

Maybe you will like these vehicles.  From the conversations that took place today when you and Daddy were looking at my truck, you might be content with a turbo charged Volvo.

Then, if so, awesome!  It all works out.  But, in case you don't like it - I can understand where you are coming from.  I have 13 years to work on it...

And the choice for Lines: 
A Mazda Miata.

The picture above is one your Daddy found and envisions for you... I guess yours will be turbo charged too and you will learn to spin out?  Anyways,... Now, I actually approve of this choice.  Dad's reasoning is that there is NOT a lot of room for people (a.k.a. naughty boys). 

I guess we will see if Roons ends up with a Turbo brick and Lines - the sassy little sports car.

 

TBD...

No comments:

Post a Comment