Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pool+Dozer+Grass=FUN YARD!

I love our house.  It is such a cool house - tons of windows, lots of natural light, spacious rooms.  Such a great great home! 

However, one thing that became a major frustration for us was the pool.  You would think that having a backyard pool would be fabulous in this hot, hot South Texas weather... but it is the opposite of fabulous (well, at least this particular pool).

This was our pool.  Pretty, right?  Fountains, hot tub.  Looks great.  NO!  It's a nightmare!


After 2 years of daily leak issues (refilling a foot a day), constant repairs, and the stresses of having two young babes running around a backyard with a pool, hot tub and fountain, we decided to it was time to demolish all the seemingly fabulous water toys.  I am so excited to FINALLY have a grass backyard!

There was excitement for a few days with a backhoe, skid steer and dump truck.  Luke, your friends Luca and Maya came over for a machine watching party!  Lines - you had some younger friends over too - Baby Fiona and Lena.  But, you got very jealous when I held Baby Fi and clocked her on the head with a block.  I guess claiming your territory.  Sweet but... not very nice - so we had to address that quickly with time out and major apologies.  Thankfully we all moved on and it got very exciting outside!



 And, mom snuck out after the workers left to snap some pics on the machines!

 Throughout the process, Lines - you were particularly in awe saying "Wow! Wow!" repeatedly.



Currently, we have a completely dirt packed backyard.  The grass and landscaping will be completed by early next week... just in time for a mega ROBOT 3 year old birthday party bash!  This week we have been busy working on the flower beds in our rain boots - digging, building dirt castles, piling dirt into the wheelbarrow and just getting dirty.  So much fun! 

I look forward to the day I can say "Go outside and play" and I don't have to watch every step you take.  You can have backyard independence!  Roonie - you will LOVE that!

No comments:

Post a Comment